Friday, November 4, 2016

Pokemon Sun/Moon: Thoughts on Evolutions


Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

At long last, the Pokemon Sun and Moon starters’ final evolutions have been revealed. They appeared just as the anonymous leak said they would with Litten ultimately becoming a fire/dark based wrestler, Rowlet’s blossoming into a grass/ghost hunter, and Popplio’s final form as a water/fairy mermaid.

Litten’s last stage, Incineroar, looks like a fun one to use in combat and reminds me of Pangoro, wherein it’s a tough fighter that sticks up for the little guy. I’ve only ever chosen a fire starter once and that was Fennekin, another fun fire type. His signature move, Darkest Lauriat sounds like it will definitely help in combat.

Rowlet’s ultimate evolution reminds me of my Pathfinder character – a woodland ranger with a keen eye for archery. Originally, I was going to choose Rowlet because of how adorable it is, Decidueye’s incredibly powerful move Spirit Shackle, and its evolution line. It would be a first for me choosing a grass type starter because in my many years of playing Pokemon, I always chose a water type. I find myself conflicted between this little owl and its bold evolution and the little seal and its gorgeous final form.

Popplio is the Pokemon that has endured so much torment, but has gloriously transformed. Albeit I wasn’t too fond of this tiny seal, but I thought it was okay at best and didn’t hate it. I just accepted it as another Pokemon like Magnemite or Klefki. By that point, my heart had been set on Rowlet. However, this little circus seal has ultimately transformed into a beautiful mermaid called Primarine. I absolutely adore mermaids and I always have since I was a child. Plus the fairy typing is definitely a huge advantage – it’s one of the other typings I love to employ in combat alongside ghost and electric.

With Pokemon Sun and Moon only weeks away, my mind grows indecisive with who I should choose: the heartwarming Rowlet or the charming Popplio.

Thanks for reading tonight’s entry. If you liked it, feel free to share, subscribe, comment, and critique.

So tell me, who do you plan on choosing as your starter in Pokemon Sun/Moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment