Friday, November 8, 2013

Sweets to Sweet

Greetings everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and with it comes the one aspect that everyone looks forward to: the food. The sight of turkey filled to the brim with stuffing has become an iconic staple of the holiday and the ultimate cause of mouth watering. However, when the last drumstick is finished, and the wishbone has been broken, the table becomes filled with desserts.

whatsgabycooking.com

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Dessert during the Fall season consists of sweet treats like pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin pie, and other delicious delicacies. For Thanksgiving, I usually make a chocolate pudding pie or pumpkin spice cookies. I tend to lean to making cookies because everyone gets one and possibly more. This year, I want to do a different cookie, and break away from the pumpkin spice everything Fall has to offer.  I don’t want to do the traditional sugar cookie because I consider them a Christmas sweet. But a few days ago, I found the answer to my cookie conundrum.

While browsing out of boredom, I stumbled upon a site called hostacookieparty.com.  The site’s purpose is to give details for you to host a cookie party. They even have templates that allow you to create invitations to your party and cookie tags for your treats. However, the site doesn't restrict viewers to randomly creating a cookie party. People, like myself and other fellow bakers, are allowed to roam the site to get the idea for that perfect holiday treat.

On this particular site, I found tons of cookie recipes that solved my dessert dilemma. Amidst the cookie recipes, the site also showcases recipes for fudge, praline bars, fruit tarts, and even streusel squares. The web site even offers classic ethnic treats like polvorones (Mexican wedding cookies), Swedish almond spritz cookies, and Italian lemon drop cookies.

Even better, the recipes consist of try and true items that most people are familiar with.  Some ingredients include Pilsbury cake (or cookie) mix, JIFF peanut butter, Smuckers jam, and other trusted items. I definitely recommend looking this site over for the upcoming holidays and recipe ideas.

Thanks to hostacookieparty.com I’ll be baking jammie dodgers (also known as shortbread jamwiches) for the upcoming Doctor Who special, salted caramel cookies for Thanksgiving, and strawberry angel cookies for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment