Monday, April 14, 2014

In the Summer Time

Good evening everyone and welcome to a late night edition of The Magical Mystery Blog.

This past week Spring sprung all over America and held the nation in a warm embrace. Like any other person who has been sick of the snow and sleet, people revved up their engines and took to the outdoors. Within hours roads were filled with Spring rejoicing drivers and passengers. And as I wound my way down to the shore, I realized why I’ve loved Summer all my life.

3. The Weather

Most people I know hate the Summer weather. The heat drives them insane, the humidity makes them dry as sand, and the sweat caused from it all is disgusting. As for myself, I love the heat; the hotter, the better – just like my spices. While I’m not too fond of the sweat or the humidity at times, I always love the heat. Some of my greatest Summer memories are days spent down in Florida at 113 degrees. I loved those insanely hot days because I wanted to do more outdoors than I would inside during the Winter.

2. More to do, Than Can Ever be Done

The beaches are open, the boardwalks are open, the shops are slowly opening their doors, pretty much any attraction that was frozen by Winter is now ready for business. While the crowds are tame at best for now, the Summer will drive more people to come out, and experience the things they couldn’t during the Winter.

1. The Spirit

There’s something about Summer that liberates one’s mind unlike the other seasons. It’s the spirit of the season that encourages you to be adventurous, to take spontaneous road trips into the great unknown, to do something you never thought of doing, or taking a risk on a small, yet broadening event. It’s the time of the year to throw caution to the wind and rise above the world.

Feel free to reblog and comment, and as always feedback and followers are welcomed. Tonight’s question is:


What do you love about the Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment