Friday, May 9, 2014

Pokemon: A Sequel to a Classic

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

This past week we have received some extremely exciting news which can be summed up in two words:


Hoenn. Confirmed.

This November, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby will be hitting the shelves just in time for Christmas. According to the released teaser trailer, they will be set in a new dramatic world, and feature a new adventure. Based on these words, it seems like these new games will be like Pokemon Black and White and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. Where Ruby and Sapphire will be the original and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be the sequels, based in new lands with a new plot.

This trailer also shows us the covers for the games, displaying a newly made over Kyogre and Groudon. Could these be the mega evolution forms of the legends?

Along with these two mythical beasts, there is a theory circulating around the web which recalls that when Pokemon X and Y debuted, someone discovered the mega evolutions of Latios and Latias. Along with Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon, Latios and Latias were the legendary birds of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. It could be possible for Latios’ and Latias’ mega evolutions to appear once more, not just in Pokemon X and Y, but Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby as well.

I am elated about this news because I grew up when Pokemon first came out. I followed the series all the way up to Ruby before calling it quits because I thought I was getting too old for Pokemon. However, Pokemon Y reminded me of how much I loved the game and it showed me that it too grew up.  It’s more than likely I’ll be picking up Alpha Sapphire as a Christmas present to myself. I just hope that they keep the secret base building that the original Ruby and Sapphire offered.

Feel free to leave your comments below and as always, feedback and followers are welcomed. Tonight’s question is:

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby?


No comments:

Post a Comment