Thursday, February 5, 2015

Steampunk to Go

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

As a gamer I’ve played different types of games, but always found my way back to hidden object games. Hidden object games are a nostalgic part of my life that still carry with me to this day. What I love even more is when the game incorporates elements I adore, like Steampunk.

Steampunk is a popular topic revolving around Victorian elements, distinct fashion, steam powered devices, clockwork, and metalwork.  With its fame on the Internet, the trend is now seeping its way into movies, literature, and now, even video games.

I’ve had the pleasure to play my first Steampunk hidden object game on the Ipod.  Entitled Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink, the hidden object game oozed with Steampunk based on the character designs, their outfits, modes of transportation, and even a mechanical crow that accompanies you.  Your objective is to free your friend (Dr.Ink) from the evil clutches of Barber Engineer, a wealthy general who is causing massive earthquakes for the town of Hochwald.
The casual mode could easily be completed in one hour with the help of Hint and Skip features. Advanced and Expert took a little longer, with the elimination and slower recharge of those two features. It’s a fun little game with great graphics produced by Big Fish Games for $2.99 and is available on most mobile devices. They are currently working on a sequel for the game simply titled Clockwork Tales II. There is no word of when it will be released.

I give this game an 8 out of 10, because I wish the casual mode lasted a little longer. I usually play hidden object games on casual and find that they’re more than just an hour. Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink had the shortest casual mode gameplay I’ve ever seen and I honestly wish it was a little longer, if not as long as the other modes.

Thank you for reading today’s entry. If you enjoyed it, feel free to comment, reblog, and/or critique.


So tell me, do you enjoy hidden object games? If so, what’s your favorite one?

No comments:

Post a Comment