Thursday, August 6, 2015

Welcome Back to the Jungle

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.


To further ensure that the 90s are indeed upon us, Sony has decided to take the liberty of remaking “Jumanji”.  There was word of a “Jumanji” reboot in 2012 and Sony had contacted Robin Williams’ to return.  “Jumanji” was the movie that featured one of Robin Williams’ iconic roles and told the story about a jungle that sprang forth from a board game played by a completed therapy patient, two children, and a man who was trapped inside the game itself.  The movie was based on the book, “Jumanji” written in 1981 by Chris Van Allsburg. Because of this movie’s success, a game was produced in 1995 and could be found in almost every home.


I had found Jumanji at a yard sale as a child and purchased it in an attempt to get over my fear of the movie. Needless to say, the movie terrified me especially with the notion of venomous spiders, carnivorous plants, and other murderous beings emerging from the board game. Throughout my entire childhood, I never touched this game and gave it away to one of my friends just to get it out of my house. Only recently did I play the game and I forgot why I had been so scared of the game years ago because I was having too much fun.

The modernized “Jumanji” movie will be released on December 25th, 2016. My only hope for this remake is that they will properly execute the movie. Sony has powerful CGI effects to create far more terrifying spiders, more man eating plants, more ruthless vines that swallow cars, and more dynamic stampedes. They have the power to craft wondrous, horrifying aspects of “Jumanji”; instead of letting their abilities to go to waste, they should embrace them, and use them to their full extent.

There should also be a tribute to Robin Williams for this movie because he was the main star of the film. He practically made the movie and the role became another identity that everyone knew him as. To see no tribute in his honor would be a crime.

They should also bring back the board game. The last time I ever saw the game was on Amazon before playing it with my friends. Since the 90s I have never seen it in shelves or in stores anywhere.  I also hope for a good cast and while this reboot won’t be the same as original, I hope Sony manages to replicate the wonder and fear “Jumanji” initially produced.


Thank you for reading today’s entry. If you liked it, feel free to comment, subscribe, critique, and share.



So tell me, what are your thoughts on the future modernized “Jumanji”?

No comments:

Post a Comment