Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

It’s Thanksgiving, a holiday where we can give thanks for the wonderful things we have in life. This being said, I figured I’d share what I’m thankful for in my life.


1. Game Night

Most of you know that every Tuesday I go to my friend’s house for game night where we play everything from Dungeons & Dragons to Uno. Some of these friends I’ve known since college while others I’ve only recently met within the past year. I couldn’t be more grateful to have them in my life.

As someone who battles with depression (including SAD), being around good, fun friends is something that helps me greatly. It also acts as a stress relief from my life and my work while opening my mind to new topics, music, and games. It’s something I always look forward to and I couldn’t be happier or more thankful to have in my life.


2. My Muses

Every artist needs a muse. I happen to have a few of them, namely Lupin the Third, music, and nature. These muses remind me of why I’m here, what I was born to do, and why I need to do it. They help me remember why I love what I do and why I never want to stop doing it. Without these anchors, I don’t know where I’d be in regard to writing.


3. New Experiences

Because what is life without a new experience? It could even be the most simplest of things like doing something routine in a different way or as something complex like a new job. This year I’ve had my share of good and bad experiences both big and small and I’m incredibly grateful for them. Within these experiences I’ve met new friends, gained a life, and lost some people along the way, but in return I learned more about myself than what I thought I already knew.


 4. Tea

Only this year have I started my tea binge and not one day goes by do I regret it. The different flavors, textures, smells, they’re all wonderful. They wake me up, they help me sleep, they inspire me, and somehow, they all make me smile. (Except for Lemon Zinger, it tastes too much like Lemon Pinesol).


 5. My Followers

Yes that’s right, I’m talking to you. Yes you, sitting at your laptop or you browsing the web on your phone or ipad. You’re all wonderful people and while I may not know you, I do know that you’re all fighting for your dreams, for reasons to keep living, and for yourselves. Never lose those fights in life to get what you want, to get where you want, and who you want to be. Thank you for fighting to be who you are in this cruel, cold world and thank you for being generally awesome people and following me.

Thank you for reading tonight’s entry. If you enjoyed it, feel free to share, subscribe, comment, and critique.

So tell me, what are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment