Monday, February 15, 2016

Deadpool: Breaking Walls and Taking Names

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

You might be wondering where Thursday’s entry is and I assure you, I have an important, validated reason for not writing anything for Thursday.


I went to see “Deadpool”.


Readers, I have been waiting for a “Deadpool” movie for approximately three years, if not more. Three years ago, I discovered Deadpool in the game “Marvel vs Capcom” and out of interest and insomnia, I decided to suit up as the iconic character. After toying around with his crazy fighting style and quick one liners, I was curious about the Merc with the Mouth and decided to do a little research. The more I learned about this charismatic character, the more I adored him and felt bad for him given his life.

Then came the test footage of the “Deadpool” movie and I knew I needed to see this film. Following it was the “Deadpool” video game with its terrible controls and hilarious, wondrous writing.

After three years of waiting, the “Deadpool” film was produced and I didn’t hesitate to see it.

This movie was equivalent to the first lick of ice cream in the summer. It was refreshing from the dark, gritty superhero stories that stuck to the script. Deadpool didn’t stick to the script; he climbed into the audience’s lap and guided them through his adventure of revenge and trying to win back a lost love. It was flavorful with pop culture references, nods to actors and other movies, and smooth with its writing and line delivery. It was appealing from Ryan Reynolds’ figure to Colossus’ steel frame and even Vanessa’s transformation from short haired temptress to geeky, concerned fiancée.

Overall, “Deadpool” was a movie that did not disappoint and excelled beyond my expectations of how this movie would be. If you’re eighteen or over (this movie is definitely not for children due to intercourse, Ryan Reynolds’ dick, gratuitous amounts of female nudity, and more salty language than a sailor can shake his fist at), I highly recommend that you see this movie enough times until your brain is nothing more than witty one liners and pop culture references.

Thank you for reading tonight’s entry! If you enjoyed it, please feel free to comment, critique, share, and subscribe.


So tell me, what did you think of “Deadpool”?

No comments:

Post a Comment