Thursday, April 14, 2016

Basic Tips for Cosplay

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

Tonight I’m going to impart some wisdom that has taken me a good time to realize, especially when it comes to cosplaying. Cosplaying is dressing up as a particular character that you happen to enjoy. People partake in this activity at various conventions; myself included.

So far I have only cosplayed a Pikachu gijinka, Emily Cavanaugh Gracey, and a female version of Lupin the Third (green jacket). In the near future, I’ll be doing a few more cosplays. From my brief experiment, I’ve realized that cosplay is like crafting a science fair project that can blow up in your face or be incredible. Here’s hoping you learn from my advice.


3. Alter

Alter, alter, alter. Alter your cosplay to fit your budget (especially if you have priorities like bills and rent), alter your cosplay to fit your body type, alter your cosplay to fit your dreams. For cosplaying on a budget, Dollar Stores and thrift stores are an automatic go to. Tutorials also help and show you how to lessen the cost of your cosplay. Or, you could be incredibly lucky like me and somehow unintentionally have your cosplay halfway completed.

2. Plan Ahead

It’s always good to schedule yourself for crafting cosplays. It’s also good to safely financially structure yourself so you can make your orders online (and estimate their shipping time), while paying off your bills. Also, prepare back up options for things you need for your cosplay as opposed to being determined to use that one thing that the stores may or may not have. 

1.Give Yourself Time

This is something I still somehow manage to forget about because time rushes by, especially when you’re older. It’s currently April 14th. My two cosplays are barely completed and I have two conventions on May 14th and May 15th. I also work during the week from 9 to 5 and when I get home I have even more personal work to do.
See my dilemma?

Now what I should have done was start my cosplay back in March or February, thus allowing me more time to do what I want to. Even so, I refuse to half attempt anything or rush it. I’ll be pulling all nighters to finish my cosplays because time is not going to stop me from doing what I want. 
Thank you for reading tonight’s entry. If you enjoyed it, feel free to comment, critique, share, and subscribe.

So tell me, what are some other good cosplay tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment