Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Evil, Evil Apples

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

Having received$30 in iTunes for Christmas, I finally decided to peruse the app market on my iPod. While I mostly go for Big Fish’s hidden object games, I opted for a game my friend had recently informed me about.

Offline I have some friends, but it’s a rarity I get to see them because of school or work. When I see them, I try to bring Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity. These games are a great way to bring people together and bring out their inner thoughts, nastiness, silliness, and excellence. Plus these games can be played for hours on end, leaving plenty of time to get hammered or socialize. However, I will admit it’s a hassle to bring these large boxes filled with cards to bars and houses. Which is why I have found a portable game that combines Apples to Apples and Cards Against Humanity.

Evil Apples is a free game that was just released for Google Play and iTunes.  You can invite your friends through various social media websites to play a friendly game and you all earn cake afterwards. Or you can play a Random Friend Blitz which pits you against other players from around the world. If you lose the Random Friend Blitz game, a piece of cake is taken from you and given to the other player.

Image from http://a1496.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple5/v4/2e/6b/0f/2e6b0f4b-30be-21d9-c296-4590a06da038/mzl.crnwpcpo.png

You can tell it's evil by the horns and the downward eyes. But hey, it's good to be bad.

When you select which mode you would like to play, you pick the mood of the game (smart, funny, or random), and begin. It’s a simple gameplay in which you are given seven cards. A card with a phrase and a blank space will be played. Using one of your cards to fill in the blank, the Judge (one of your fellow players) will decide who has the best card. Whoever has the winning card will be given coins as a mini-reward. Your goal is to win seven playing cards and achieve ultimate victory. Cake and coins are the main currency of the game. With these two forms of currency you can purchase more cake, various decks to add to your games, and powers to use on yourself and other players. If you run out of cake you can also wait for 5pm Pacific Time to roll around where you will be award a free slice of cake.

After playing this game for the past five hours, I can honestly say I’m hooked. I definitely give it a ten out of ten for bringing such a popular game to a portable format that’s just as fun and original as their inspirations.

If you enjoyed this game review feel free to like it, share it, and comment on it. Also, if you download this app and want me to join a game, my name is saffron.

So tell me, do you have any wonderful memories from playing Cards Against Humanity and/or Apples to Apples? 

No comments:

Post a Comment