Monday, February 1, 2016

Capaldi's Keeping Us Company

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

False alarm: Capaldi will NOT be leaving “Doctor Who”.

So yes, like me, you can all take a relieving deep breath.

The article I referenced in my last entry was a tabloid which tends to distort rumors. Frankly, I had no idea that article was a tabloid and was merely writing with my own anger at the notion of losing Capaldi. Capaldi is possibly one of my favorite Doctors next to Hartnell, Tennant, Smith, Eccleston, and Troughton.

Now granted, Capaldi has said that this could be his final year while Moffat told us that Capaldi is going nowhere. For now, nothing is set in stone other than Moffat’s departure. Capaldi’s expected leave is a rumor and even then, we can only take rumors with a grain of salt.

Personally, I don’t imagine Capaldi leaving us so soon. After all, the man was president of a “Doctor Who” fanclub in his youth and even wrote fan letters regarding the show. He has adored the program since he was a child – why would he leave something that he only spent approximately three years on? It would probably be the shortest run of a Doctor ever next to the War Doctor. Capaldi’s even signed on for another three seasons and I cannot imagine why he would suddenly want to leave especially with that in mind. Yes, Capaldi wants to do other things in life, but is he willing to leave a role he’s loved for years and played for only a short amount of time?

Thank you for reading tonight’s entry. If you enjoyed it, feel free to share, subscribe, comment, and critique.

So tell me, what do you think Capaldi will do?


No comments:

Post a Comment