Thursday, May 19, 2016

Pokemon Sun and Moon Thoughts

Good evening everyone and welcome to The Magical Mystery Blog.

Finally, we get some news regarding Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.

A week ago, we were shown the starter Pokemon for Pokemon Sun and Moon: Rowlet (Grass/Flying), Litten (Fire), and Popplio (Water). Along with these starters, we were also given a glimpse of the legendarys – one which is a celestial lion for Sun and another which is a cosmic kite like being for Moon. While we still don’t know their names, we do know that our adventure will take place in a Hawaiian region called Alola which appears to be a play on the Hawaiian phrase ‘Aloha’.

With these new concepts and trailers, here are my thoughts about them:

-This unreleased game is making me do something I have never done in my entire history of playing Pokemon. It’s something as a child I never thought I’d do. It’s something that almost seems uncharacteristic of me and yet, I greatly want to do this.
It’s choosing a grass starter. Rowlet is too adorable for my own good and I’ve already thought of some names for him/her. It comes with the new move Leafage which is a barrage of leafy quills fired at the opponent.

-Litten is basically this game’s fire filled Grumpy Cat and I adore it. He/she looks like they have the attitude of ‘screw it all, everything needs to burn’. Its body is covered in certain oils and uses fiery hairballs for attacking.

-Popplio has received a mixture of love and hatred from the Internet. I’m not too fond of it myself, but my opinion can be changed. I understand why they crafted Popplio to look the way it does and while it is cute, it’s just not my jar of jam. Besides, the starters’ evolutions are what finalize my decision when picking one.

-We have also received a glimpse of an unannounced Pokemon. With a big bushy tail and little legs, it could be another dog like Pokemon like Lillipup.

-For our legendarys we have a celestial lion and a moon bat kite. Both are interesting in their own right and appear at similar shrines. The cosmic lion appears during the day time, while the moon bat kite appears during the night – this makes sense given that they represent the day and night. 

-We now know what Alola looks like and it encompasses the Hawaiian landscape. There is a giant volcano, lush greens, sandy beaches, and a city district. Given that Alola is a tropical oasis, I can imagine that we can dive again. I also wonder if there will be any underwater volcanoes or if there will be a nod to the Ring of Fire that surrounds Hawaii. Since that would be a fire/water area, perhaps this could be a unique way to introduce Volcanion despite his original hacked appearance in XY. I wonder if we have to use waterfall to access some parts of the island as noted by the large waterfall in the distance. Or, perhaps, it could lead to a secret area. Actually, since Alola is one giant island, can we take a boat out to other possible islands?

-There are now four options to choose from for our trainer. Our rival is unclear whether it will be the opposite gender trainer like in XY or the dark skinned boy. The dark skinned boy could be like XY wherein the trainer had friends that followed them. The professor in this one looks more laid back, tying in with Alola’s society and theme. The characters seemed to generally be carefree and relaxed from their appearance to their movements.

-Here’s hoping we get to change our clothes again. If you noticed in the trailer, at one point the male trainer’s stripes are blue. Then later on, they’re black. Also, why does the girl have a rubber glove on her head?
Thanks for reading tonight’s entry. If you enjoyed it, feel free to share, subscribe, comment, and critique.


So tell me, what are your thoughts on Pokemon Sun and Moon ?

No comments:

Post a Comment